A special occasion calls for a special slide deck.
As CFO, most of your time is spent on other things, but a key part of your job is to raise financing, whether that means increasing a credit line so you can buy that much-needed machine, issuing bonds so you can enter a new market, or raising a round of capital for a startup.
At the same time, the increasing internationalization of capital means that your investors have more options.
You have solid financials, but that’s just table stakes. In order to close the deal, you need to present yourself well.
You know this already. After all, you wouldn’t have gotten to where you are if you didn’t.
But knowing it, and knowing how to do it, are two different things, and sometimes a guide comes in handy, especially when you’re playing on a new level.
The Presenting CFO is your presentation sherpa, here to help you with the presentation design and techniques you’ll need to connect with the people you need.
After all, you know you merit the investment, shouldn’t everyone?
- A CEO who wants to be more confident when building relationships with clients abroad.
- A board member who wants to raise the company’s profile with analysts at a foreign bank.
- A CFO who wants to perform better on quarterly conference calls and in meetings with investors.
One-off presentation cleanup
- You have a big presentation coming up next week, and you want a professional eye to tell you where you’re strong and what needs to be improved.
- What the process looks like:
- You answer some initial questions from us.
- We review your slide deck and listen to your pitch.
- We suggest three “low-hanging fruit” things you can do to improve your pitch.
- We practice again a few days later.
- The whole process takes about 5 days.
Bottom-up design and build
- Whether you’re presenting to banks at the IMF meetings, or raising the cap on an existing credit line, you’re playing in a crowded field and you need a slide deck and preparation that is going to help you stand out.
- We design and build your presentation (visual and spoken).
- We do a few practice runs together to make sure you are comfortable using it.
- Click here for more details about what the process looks like.
- Sometimes the slide deck and a few practice sessions using it aren’t enough. There are other services you want, or you want to drive the readiness deeper into your organization. Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll put together a special plan just for you.
- That might include:
- We practice face to face investor meetings with your staff.
- We record investor FAQs so your staff can listen to them on the flight to the meeting.
- We prepare ancillary materials (one-pagers, additional handouts, etc) to help you sum up your case or explain a deeper point visually.
- We help you prepare a meeting follow-up strategy.
- We serve as your outsourced IR department.
We all need to find out if we have good chemistry.
We also need to find out what you are trying to do, and make sure we can help you.